Re: [T3] oil pan air filter

WilliamW=> the unbeleivable thing was that the person at the counter
=> punched it up in the computer and gave me a fram oil filter! i don't
=> think i'll be buying many parts from that store anCg8ÂIf this was his first error, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. VW
did make an add-on partial-flow filter kit (I have one, alas as yet
unmounted), so there's a chance he got it right -- after all, you *did*
ask. ;)

=> i didn't know how much oil to put in the pan.

The red line was painted at the apex of the can's waist. The lower
section acts to keep the oil from sloshing around too much. The owner's
manual spec for '66 was .8 pint of 20W oil. I usually just put the extra
half-quart from the oil change in there.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Grosse Karmann