Re: [T3] new type 3 owner

On 6 May 99, at 1:36, william e. weatherford wrote:

> i'd like to announce that i am now the proud new owner of a '71 (really
> shitty looking, but decent driving), squareback. this is my very first car.
> as much as i'd like to trick it out and restore it, i'm not sure how to go
> about this process. this car is my daily driver so it probably won't be
> easy. does anyone have any suggestions as how to go about this task? i will
> get pictures up†N,ebsite as soon as i can so anyone can see it's
> current condition.

Get a good manual (the Bentley!) and concentrate on the functional
problems first; deal with the cosmetic things slowly as they come
along. If you don't get involved in learning how your car WORKS it
will let you down sometime and that will be totally frustrating. The
more you know about it BEFORE you have trouble the better off you
will be when that time comes.

Jim