Re: braided steel lines (was brake rebuilding, plus ...)

There *are* some companies that make DOT-approved braided stainless lines.
No doubt you'd pay more for them than you would for the everyday variety
(which IMO are already a tad expensive), but the benefits are definitely
there...I mean, when I had them on my superbeetle braking firmness was
dramatically improved...then again, maybe the rubber hoses were just old
and flexing a bit...replacement rubber lines may have firmed up the pedal
as well, but who knows.

Just my $0.02...

-Doug
73 fasty