RE: [T3] Seal preservation

On Monday, May 03, 1999 8:28 AM, Latherow, Robert
[SMTP:RLatherow@EssilorUSA.com] wrote:
> Oh, wasn't there a FAQ about removing fasty Popouts???

I would also like somebody with relevant experience to comment on this.  I
haven't replaced my cracked and leaky fastback popout seals yet, but I
Nj/ will soon.  I found a set of Fastback popouts at a junkyard
recently -excellent condition and cheap even!  The rubber-coated window
frame is held in there by several screws.  So, anybody have a good detailed
procedure for removing/replacing Fastback popouts?

Regarding the seal preservation..My recently-acquired NOS front window seal
has a wax film all over it.  My NOS door seals have what feels like talcum
powder on them.
-Mark
 '70 Fastback, stock, Diamond Blue (undergoing mild rust removal/treatment)
 Oakland, CA