[T3] Stock FI Distributor with Carbs?

First time interacting with you guys.....nice to be a part of
the T3 group....
Have a 69 Fastback purchased in Puerto Rico as temporary
transportation for a work assignment.....loved it so much I shipped
back to New York...
Originally came weå¾.had problems with it in P.R.  unable to get parts
so I converted it to dual Weber carbs...
All in all, "Juanito" runs beautiful.  Gas mileage is around 27 MPG...
performance is good.
However, when the engine gets up to operating temp I get a lot of pinging.
Engine is tuned according to specs...
My questions is this....
Should the original distributor for the Fuel Injected engine be
changed because of the conversion to carburetion?