[T3] Brake wierdness (stumped)

Hi All-

My brakes (68 square) are acting up in a strange way and I am hoping
someond1šlp me diagnose the problem. Here's the deal -

Today while on the freeway in heavy traffic I had to make a few quick
stops. I noticed a pull to the right side and immediately thought that was
strange. Soon after that the pedal started to feel a bit mushy, and then it
almost went to the floor! Because I have new replacement front calipers,
excellent condition discs, new rear cylinders/shoes etc.(and all *clean*
back there) and 6 month old 100% replaced brake fluid that was bled right
(I did all the work myself and the brakes have been *excellent* for the
last 6 months) I expected to find my master cylinder leaking like a sieve,
as it is the only part (besides the metal fluid tubing) that wasn't
recently replaced.

I got out of the car and checked the fluid level first....it was full!
Then I got under the front to look for the master cyl drip I was
expecting.... Bone dry!  Then I went around to each wheel to see if I had
sprung a leak somewhere in the lines or at the rear cylinders. No leaks! SO
then I got back in the car and started to nurse it home slowly, as I was
obviously paranoid about rearending/killing somebody. At first the pedal
felt strange and mushy, then, after I used the brakes a few more times,
started to feel normal again!  I did a few quick stops in an empty parking
lot to check them out and everything seems to be fine now.

My problem is that I can't deal with unreliable brakes! Even though they
are working fine now I don't feel like driving it to work on the freeway
until I figure out what the problem is/was.  Any clues or things I didn't
think of/check?  TIA!!!

Dave Y.
68 Sqbk