Re: [T3] Prob fixed, now what?

Sounds like you've got your air leak plugged, for now at least.

It's really easy to get your distributor drive off by one tooth,
either way, when assembling the engine.  That could be one problem.
Where's the distributor hitting?  The ignition condensor position
changed from year to year, this can cause some problems, too, if
mismatv‘‘# far as I know, all distributor drives are the same.
I've had a few out of wrecks, they've all looked the same to me.  I
just chose the one with the least wear for my last rebuild.

I think the timing was changed in order to meet the smog requirements
for each year, the government kept changing them, so the designers had
to do likewise.  So ideally, you'd have a distributor from the same
year that your pulley and the rest of the FI parts are from.  Of
course, by this time, who knows what parts have been swapped?