[T3] voltage regulator speaks to me

	On the way home last night, the generator light on the '69 came on
at a stoplight.

	A couple of times before on this car, the generator brushes have
need a little push to keep them advancing on their wear path.  I put it in
neutral and gave it a rev or two.  The regulator started clicking, and even
*buzzing*, there under the back seat, and the dash light would go on & off,
two.  Quite a little performance, what with all of the lights and sounds.

	We were less than a mile or so from home, and it was mostly
well-behaved the rest of the way.  Mostly.  It did give a few clicks &
buzzes just before parking.

	I assume I simply need a new regulator.  Do I need a new oìa¼íafternoon?  In a couple of weeks?  Was it a fluke?

	(Also, to Jim:  how much for one of your "last regulator you'll
ever need" regulators w/ the diode trick?)

-Greg