[T3] reb-Cçíipers

Hi all,

	The front brakes on the '69 started making a scraping noise on
Kirsten's drive home Thursday.  Surprise!  Looks like a piston had begun
sticking, and a pad ground itself to (well, past) a rivet & put tracks in
the rotor. :(

	Went to the foreign FLAPS and picked up new rotors (Italian!),
rebuilt calipers (sans pads & hardware), pads, bearings, and bearing seal.
They didn't have the hardware in stock, so I planned to re-use the old
hardware for the time being.

	All went well... except that one of the rebuilt calipers wouldn't
accept the old pad pins.  They fall right out -- the holes are waaaay too
big!  (Also, the piston cups are totally dished out where they meet the
pads -- that is, they're hollow w/ a really big diameter).  The caliper is
definitely the correct caliper body, for sure.

	The replacement for the other side went just fine, and a good
thing, too:  not only was a piston stuck, but the caliper had begun to weep
fluid a bit.  On the right side, the old caliper seemed just fine, so I
dont' mind driving on it.

	I suppose I should do the "right" thing and get a correct rebuilt
replacement caliper rather than just return it and run on the old one, eh?

	Also:  has anyone else had this experience with oversized pin
holes?  I seem to recall that late-model replacement calipers have fatter
pins and completely different springs.

-Greg

p.s.:  the '69 stops on a dime!  Cool!  It was great before, and is now
better than ever!