Re: [T3] Mystery Wires

On 30 Apr 99, at 13:44, David L. Timmins wrote:

> In making the engine compartment ready for my rebuilt stock motor (Toby
> and Brian:  It's got a forged counterweighted crank and an orange-painted
> coil!), I found two white wires crimped into a single spade connector.
> This wire set goes through a hole in the firewall.  They are on the right
> side of the engine compartment and if stretched out would appear to go to
> one of the two spades on the starter.

Take an ohmmeter and check for continuity (R < 1 Ohm) between that
female spade connector and one of the terminals in the cold start
valve connector. If there IS continuity, then this female spade
connector goes to the starter. It should connect to the solenoid
terminal that is only hot when the starter is cranking. These wires
ene+ŒÂe cold start valve. [Actually 1 goes to the cold start
valve and the other goes to the brain, but the purpose of both is to
provide extra gas while starting. Think of it as a choke that goes
off the instant the engine starts.]

Jim