[T3] Motor mounts

I need help from you "dark siders" out there.

Because of a very bad pan on our 65 notch it was removed and replaced with
the  good pan from a 72 auto square. The problem is hanging the motor.  On
the factory 65 the swing axle held the motor and the rear torsion mount
helped.  With out the swing axle, the cross bar type (late) mount must be
used.  The problem is that the fresh air intake drains run through the part
of ther body that would except the brackets for the hanging motor mounts.  I
am assuming that late notches either used a different mounting system or a
diferent drain.
I have an article (Hot VW's I think) that show cases that famous $20,000 red
automatic notch.  The article states that modifications had been done in the
motor area, and the pic's show the late mount setup.  I think I have figured
out why the guy wanted so much for his car!

If any one has some insite: Thanks in advance!

Ryan
'65 Notch (project)
'64 Notch Sunroof (project)

Mocksville, North Carolina  USA