[T3] Initial run-in

Hey folks,

A (hopefully) quick question.  Either today or tomorrow I will be
running my engine in, depending on when I get it back in the car.  It
was stated earlier by someone that if you have an other than stock cam
and dual carbs, you couldn't go by the book timing, which I would think
is true, so that's not a biggy.  My question is will it run good enough
at 0 deg. to run in, and if not, about how many degrees of arc should I
turn the distributor to guestimate a timing of X deg?  Anybody with any
experience in this?  I had a '79 Firebird with an Olds 403 that would
run thru a broad range of timing, obviously better at some points than
others, depending on whether I wanted performance or economy (yeah,
right!).  For what it's worth, I have dual Weber 34's and a .396L/270D
cam with an Ignitor pick-up replacing the points.  Kept stock bore and
rockers.

Also, was it Toby or Jake that had the program to estimate HP figures?
Would that program give timing values?

TIA,
--
Justin