[T3] carb guru wanted

    I'm embarking on my first venture into the depths of carb work
(stock dual Solex, no darkside gang here).  Today I think I got one of
my chokes to stop sticking midway to open.  (what the heck are all
those gismo's inside the choke cover, springs and levers that don't
seem to do anything!)
    What I noticed is weird is when I "blip" the throttle the left and
right don't squirt gas the same way.  The inside  of the left opening
are two brass tubes pointed down into the throat.  The right tube
(inner side of car) squirts gas in a nice stream.  But over on the
right carb, the left tube (inner side of car) just drips the gas in,
no nice stream.
    I can't find these tubes in my diagrams, what do they do?  I'm
currently thinking that this is an accelerator pump diaphragm failure?

Peter Parkerý^?Nare; Phillip
Portland, OR