Re: [T3] ATF change

On 24 Mar 99, at 19:23, Sonny8oy@aol.com wrote:

> changed my ATF today and got a bit of a surprise: the pan was full of bits
> of metal. well, not full, but there was quarter of what seemed to be a
> washer, about 1.5 inches in diameter, and lots of bits about 0.125 x 0.125
> inches square. and powdered metal in the pan,

Well, obviously this can't be a good thing. My advice would be to
continue driving it for a couple of months and change the ATF again.
See if there's more stuff, or less. There is always the possibility
that it is something that fell down the dipstick tube. In the
meantime save up for a rebuild.

Jim