[T3] Pre Heat Flaps

Ok... awhile back I mentioned that I was having some 'flodding'
problems.... or running too rich when warmed up./Fqruns great
when cold... idles perfect... has lots of power... but when warm she
sounds kinda off..... feels like I'm flooding her... not as
responsive.... anyway.... noone gave me much anything except to check
the points... which just had done a full tuneup a couple of weeks
ago.... and I still believe them to be fine... and if they were the
points then the problem would occure all the time right...?.
anyway.... someone a while back was talking about "Pre Heat Flaps"....
can someone explain in detail what these are and do?.....and how to
test the operations.. as well as fix probs.... as I understood it they
"choke" the engine from air while cold... to let more gas in... and
start/run better when cold... but when warm they open... allowing more
air in the mix.... this would seem consistant with what's going on
with the fasty.... too much gas... or too little air when warm....

any help is appreciated.... if this continues... I don't wanna know
what's gonna happen when 115F hits here in Sac.

Robert
'69 FI Standard Fastback