[T3] No subject was specified.

Marty wrote: "I've looked at 3 different 72-73 model Fastbacks and all
of them had rust on the right rear and sometimes left rear around the
rear window. Is this normal for the later ones and if so what is
differnt that makes them rust there. None of the cars had rust anywhere
else, including the floorpan and behind the front fenders."

This sounds like it might be the same problem that the late bug has.
Sometime before '74 (ask me how I know), VW began shooting expanding
foam into the cavity just below the rear windows, I think to prevent
noise from passing from the engine compartment forward.  I don't know if
the same reasoning would apply to the fast.  But if there's foam behind
that panel, I'd say that's the reason.  There's a lesson there for those
thinking of shooting some expanding foam of their own.

Eric Forsman
Baltimore, MD