Re: [T3] insurance claim update...

Greg -

They should be able to issue the check directly to you.  If you
request that the check go to a body shop it will be issued to
both you and the body shop.  You will need to sign the check.
That was my most recent experience in Michigan with State Farm.

Another option would be to take the two estimates and submit a
third estimate that is consistent that has you doing the work
yourself.  State Farm did this for me several years ago when a
t-boned someone with my Bug.  The two body shop estimates and the
insurance adjusters estimates had the poor thing totaled.  I
submitted an estimate that was just under the value of the car
and State Farm paid that amount to me.  It prevented me from
having to get a salvage title and all of that b.s.  Saved the
insurance company some money and let me keep my primary
transportation at the time on the road.

Just some thoughts.

John Jaranson
"71 FI Auto Fasty