Re: [T3] 2tone? & fender match

On 20 Mar 99, at 21:38, Michael Geurink wrote:

> 73 front fenders will fit a 71 won't they?

You bet!

> Nuther thing.  I'll, of course, want to be giving my square a brand new
> color job.  I currently have the original, typical, & (I think) somewhat
> boring beige.  Maybe that's the color name - Boring Beige.

I heartily agree. The most boring possible color. I can't imagine why
there are so many of them out there. Perhaps that is just a
commentary on the Seventies-a generally pretty nondescript era. I'm
now driving my THIRD such boring colored type 3.

 Anyway I was
> thinking 2tone.  Maybe a dark forest green like I've seen on type 3s
> particularly one I saw on a web page in England I think. Green over &
> under with beige in the middle.  I've seen it occasionally on type1s, but
> never on a 3.  Is there anything the factory did in this direction?

There were early 2-tone type 3s. I've seen white roof/color
elsewhere. Were there any other combinations?

Jim