[T3] automatic transmission not shifting

I have a 69 squareback and I am afraid I messed =|Ĉm putting too much
automatic transmission fluid in it I brought the level down, but now it pops
out of gear after a short drive, then it sticks in first until I can get it
back home it also shifts into reverse.  It does shift into second and third
will the transmission is still cool but pops out after a short drive.  What
have I done?
sam mason & PJ the 69 'back