[T3] Dead End!

	OK.  I need you guys expertise!  I have had my 72 Square in the shop
for 3 weeks!  I'm going to pick it up tomorrow for no charge because the
mechanic (who says he has worked on these cars since their creation) could
not figure out what was wrong.  Maybe you can give me some ideas to throw at
him tomorrow
	The problem is that my baby will not stay running once it has been
started, SOMETIMES.  The first start of the day will be fine.  However,
after I leave it alone for a while (anywhere from 10 to 60 min.) the game
begins.  My fuel injection system is in seriously bad shape (brittle and
exposed wires) and I think that I'd like to go ahead and make the switch to
carb.  Yes, I know that FI is just as good as Carburation if you know what
you're doing.  I, on the other hand, am much more familiar with carbed
system.  I checked the fuel tank for debris: clean.  I checked for the hum
and click: I hear it.  I tried to mend the injector wiring as best I could.

	I am getting very frustrated.  But I will stay calm because realize
that the VW engine can be my friend... if I understand it.  Help me
understand it, PLEASE.
Donovan Rogers
1972 Squareback
Dark Side Apprentice