[T3] Car sounds

I have a '67 fastback and I am wanting to put a car stereo in it.
There is a mounting bracket under the dash in the centre but I am
wondering where the best place to put speakers would be, I want to put
in two 6x9 inch speakers in/on the back parcel tray and a 10 or 12 inch
subwoofer in the front boot and two 4 or 6 inch component speakers in
the front footwell and an amp. I have found out that the back parcel
tray is going to be virtually impossible to cut speakers into (and I
want the car to be basically origional) because of the metal base. I am
just wondering if anybody has had any experiance putting speakers into a
fastback.
Thanks in advance.
Mike!

'67 1600TL fastback (named dub or ee)