[T3] (Fwd) AT Modulators

Dear Folks,

My mechanic told me my vacumn modulator was leaking and
should be replaced.  He thought it might be responsible for the fact
my trnasmission sorta snaps back hard when I put it into reverse
from park and for the fact it sometimes (not often) shifts kinda hard.

Well, someone on the list suggested my problem sounded more
like issues with my transmission mount.  I then read that if my
modulator was screwy my transmission wouldn't be shifting at the
right speeds.  I'm having no such trouble.  Also, my transmission
fluid has never needed filling in the year I've had the car.

I bought a new modulator but couldn't find anyone who would install
it cause of the adjusments it would require.  My mechanic (who
wouldn't do it) told me to go to Aamco orþ©Õªng and not to let
it go... transmission fluid could start leaking into the engine and
that would be bad.

Well, I didn't go to AAMCO and the modulator is still in its box. Am
I doing the wrong thing?

Raoul