Re: [T3] fast idle

 From a very happily carbureted Mike:

>...When I stop at intersections I have to tap the gas pedal to get the idle to > settle down all the way. Any suggestions?

Mike, I am having the same conditions with my dual Webers, but have determined that the culprit is a weak return spring on one carb.  Will replace it this weekend, resynch the carbs and settle the rpms down to the smooth-as-butter markings on my tachometer.

Your problem could be due to other causes (i.e., something binding on your accelerator cable, your foot pedal being obstructed, whatever), but check out the return springs anyway...because that fits my "evil spirits inhabiting" theory of diagnosis.

Phil (gonna be happy on Saturday) Dillard

Too much? Digest! mailto:type3-d-request@vwtype3.org Subjbscribe