[T3] steering ball joint

Hi all

While driving home last night I felt a serious wobble on the steering
wheel. So I think well the one tire is a bit flat and have it pumped.
The wobble was then only noticeable at 45 to 50 mph. when I got home I
had a look under the car. For the first time the first place I looked
was where the problem was :-}). My outer steering ball joint on the
right hand side of the car has some freeplay of about 1.5 mm to either
side. I tried to remove the joint by doing the following: remove the
split pin - remove nut - tap threaded bar to remove  the ball joint from
the thingie, it does not move, tap a bit harder, still nothing - replace
nut and split pin - go drink a beer and watch grand-prix. The last step
was very necessary else I would not have a steering joint left.
Well I have a 66 fasty, RHD with drums in front, how do I get the joint
out and can they be repaired if damaged?

Thanx

Carl van Tonder
66 Fast