RE: [T3] OK, Govt' is REALLY getting on my nerves...

Al,

As a fellow Light-Sider, I'm always on your side.  I also agree 10,000,000%
that the scrappage laws are BS.  But the emissions thing is a privilege that
Texans apparently enjoy.  In Maricopa (Phoenix) and Pima (Tucson) counties,
every car 1968+ *must* pass emissions testing; and in NJ, *every* car
*regardless of age* must pass *full* emission and *safety* inspection.  From
personal experience, it's a right bitch to get a 1959 Pontiac to slither
through emissions.

I wish you good luck, and I've got friends in San Antonio and Lubbock that
I've forwarded your message on to.