Re: trunk light

Everyone,
	The early squarebacks (to 67, I believe)  came with a metal rear hatch hinge
cover that spans across the back of the headliner.  This is where the light is
held, and the original light does have a switch built in it.  As for the later
models, I had a 68 and a 71 square that only had the plastic hinge covers that
covered each hinge individually.  No space for mounting a light at all.  As
for the fastbacks, I also think that the trunk light did have a switch mounted
on it too.  There are three positions, on, on with lid open, and off.  By the
way, the squareback's rear light comes on independently of the parking lights,
and do not have a door activated switch.
Yancy Everhart
'66 Squareback - 2nd owner
'66 Beetle sunroof