Re: [T3] Hot Rod Type 3

On 11 Mar 99, at 6:26, Steven Ayres wrote:

> RJL=> good names for a girl?  Something old fashionedish? Eccentric?
>
> Congratulations! I'm partial to names that can be opened up and used in
> many ways, like a good tool box. Elizabeth, for instance, can become
> Ella, Ellie, Eliza, Lizbeth, Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Bethie, Bess or Bessie.
>
> T3 content: What, passengers don't matter? ;)

Steve makes a very good point. I have always felt that one of most
important aspects of a name is ease of nicknames. Nicknames are one
of our language's best icebreakers; give your kids that advantage.
Don't pick a name with no, or no good, nicknames. Of course if your
kid is really lucky, it will eventually earn a totally unrelated
nickname, but these tend to be shed as one grows up and moves around.

On the other hand I could just never get comfortable with giving my
cars nicknames. Just too cutesy for me, I guess.

Jim