Re: [ACVW] SOS someone help before i nut up and bomb my vw

Check the distributor manually.  Turn the engine over by hand and
measure the points gap each time they open.  You might find they do not
open and close properly on the affected cylinders.  If the rotation of
the distributor shaft is irregular, you will not have the correct gap at
different spots.  This may effect the current available.  That being the
case, replace the distributor.  They are too inexpensive to rebuilt
(unless you are a purist and want only original equipment).  This is
just my best guess (guess being the key word).  I'm certainly not an
expert.

Good Luck,
David