[T3] Hard cold starts.........

I just picked up a 79 square (my first).  Had to replace the 1-2 cyl. head
already.  I figured that when I did that it would start a bit easier as the
first cylinder had now compression.  But alas.....it still is a tough bird to
start.  It was about 12 degrees when I got outta work last night but I almost
killed the battery befor she started.  Does anyone else in the cold climate (I
live in Michigan) have this problem or any ideas on what the first check
should be????

Thanks,

Ed Hanis
73 Square