Re: [T3] Spiritual properties of a Squareback's rear hinge cover.

On 5 Mar 99, at 10:27, Patrick J. Morton wrote:

> And the $62,000,000.00 question for today is ....... how do I wire the dome
> light in the hinge cover so that it works when the trunk door opens?

I think the original light came with the little white slide switch
built into it. I don't think there is any clean way to make the light
come on automatically.

For wires, you need a hot and a ground. The hinge cover itself will
be grounded once it is screwed into place, and one of the wires at
the regular interior light is hot so you con tap into that one.

I still have one of these covers for sale with the original switch
and a bit of wiring. Anyone who wants it should email me.

Jim