RE: [T3] problem downshifting

Yeah, it was, I just didn't get that detailed in my table diagram but if you
read the first paragraph I say to release the clutch.

I know why this works but explaining it...  Basically, shifting to neutral
and bringing up the rpm gets the flywheel and parts moving at the same speed
as the engine so when you shift to the lower gear everything is spinning at
(roughly) the same rpm -- to the tranny it *appears* that you are shifting
at a standstill with the engine off.  Everything is moving in synchronicity,
you are acting as a synchro for the tranny.
   Toby Erkson
   ID<Õed_nut@pobox.com  <-- Please use this address for email
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, R.I.P., ORPCA member
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/