[T3] No Subject

PerL, I'm not sure about the later model type 3's, but my '66 has insulated
heater boxes.  The insulation seems to be made of asbestos or fiberglass.  I
removed my insulation (very carefully) so I could get my heater boxes Jet-Hot
coated along with my muffler.  I also found brand new original straps that
hold the insulation on, since it is hard to reuse 'em.  By the way, I would
recommend Jet-Hot to everyone out there - it cost around $250 for my muffler,
silencer, extension tip, a few clamps, and heater boxes to be coated.  I am
originally from Arizona, but have been relocated to Ohio, so I am definitely
happy that my exhaust is coated.  I've been told that VW exhausts don't last
longer than two winters out here!!

Yancy Everhart
'66 Squareback - Gertrude
'66 beetle sunroof