Re: SV: [T3] Pressure in water bottle.....

"Sandin, Karl-Olov" wrote:

> Per!
> At my -73 i have some kind of gravel shield/insulation material under and in
> front of the heat exchangers, held by clamps.
> (at Steve Jannincks home page is a great picture:
> http://pw2.netcom.com/~sjannick/type3vwpage2.html )
> Could this be what they mean with "insulation"?

If the insulation in these pics is the stock insulation, I don't have it.
Although I had the stock engine (I've built a new around a new block), I do not
know if the PO ever replaced the heat exchangers. I know they replaced the
muffler and tranny sometime during the late '80s.

PerL
'73 Square
'68 Bug
'88 Vanagon Syncro