[T3] AC

Hi all,
I see the occasional mention on the net and other places about Air
conditioning in aircooled vws.  I remember my dad had ac in his Bug and Ive
seen mention of av in type 3's but know nothing of the downside of having
ac in older vws.
Ive even seen the ads for inported (restored) Newish vws from Mexico that
mention ac.
Reason asking- if I come acros a Bug ot t-3 with ac should I be discouraged
from buying it just for that reason?
Thinking out loud - keeps the dog awake.
John 71 Fastback