Re: [T3] Fresh Air Intake

On 2 Mar 99, at 16:53, Damian Clement wrote:

> Can anyone suggest any way to sort the rust inside the fresh air intake
> vent on my 72 fastback? From above the slats are blistered with rust and
> inside is rusty too with not much original paint showing.  I have
> unblocked the drain tube of all the crud that had gathered in it over the
> years.

First clean out everything that you can get to with a long set of
tweezers (or use chopsticks if you're good at that.) Then make sure
that everything is draining well by running a garden hose up there
and verify that the water is coming out the bottom of the car but not
out under the dash!

A few days later, after everything has dried very well, you should be
able to spray some kind of rustproofing around the edges where the
metal seams are, or even over the whole surface. Just don't clog up
the drain.

Oh, and don't forget the short bottom drain tube out of the fan box.

Jim