Re: [T3] Pressure in water bottle...

If you are unsure that your water bottle will withstand
whatever pressure you intend to put into it, fill it with
water as high as possible PRIOR to pressurizing it
with air.

Air under pressure has a lot of energy and can turn
nasty when released.  If the bottle decides that it has
had enough and breaks, it's called shrapnel and
severe damage  you or nearby objects.

Water doesn't compress, what little air in the tank or
lines will compress, pressurizing the tank, testing it.
If it breaks, the small volume of air will release
very quickly and resulting in just water spilling.

This is how very high pressure tanks are tested
in the aerospace business I'm in.  Safety first.
Even then we do it in safety cages, but then we do
test things at 45000 psi, blow them up at 75K.
If you are worried, lay a towel over the tank.

Jeff
'67 Sqbk

Get your PERSONALIZED START PAGE at http://personal.lycos.com