[T3] Oil light on. Last send was a mistake.

So my oil light has been flickering at idle lately. It's been hot here.
Heat index of about 100.
I just want to check that I'm not forgetting anything when I try to solve
this prob this weekend.
Been using Quaker State SAE 30 lately because my UnFLAPS decided not to
carry Castrol anymore.
My hoses from the heat exchangers to the fan ports crisped out at the
connection to the exchangers (another relaible product from Bill and
Steves)
This happened last year, and I capped off the ports with soda cans. Not
recommended I know, but I cant find the right size hoses anywhere. Besides,
this caused me no prob.£}_mmer.
Planning on doing a full tuneup AGAIN, valves, dwell, timing, compression
test etc.
Probably not it, but would a hot generator have any effect on the oil
light? No, right?
Given my lack of proper exhaust yet, would it be a decent preventative
measure to use SAE-40? What if the temperatures even out again and I'm back
to 70 degree mornings when I start the car. Will straight 40 be too heavy?
Muir suggests checking the pressure relief valve. Now, the oil light
flickers on at idle. And if I push the throttle a bit, it goes out. What
are the odds of a stuck Pressure relief valve?
Are there any places I might not know of that could be blocked passages for
cooling air? (Outside of my soda cans.)
Any suggestions would be welcome. This is all very frustrating. Thanks.

-Mike
72 Sqbk, 1600, dual Weber ICT 34s
Brooklyn