[T3] engine tin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys it is going on 3 months with out a car on a simple rebuild.  He
keeps on pushing the date back and I can't take it anymore.  I told him on
Friday I needed the car by this Wednesday, just got off the phone with him
and he said that my engine was rebuilt in the past which is news too me.
when I bought the car I was told that is was going on the original engine.
I am the 3rd owner so it is possible that the guy who sold it to me could
not know.  He said that all it had was the heads replace by vw in the 70's
as a recall.  he said that there is case savers on it, which before he said
the case was in great shape, why did he just notice it???????  He said that
the engine also had bug tin around the cyliy*nd that is why the head
where cracked.  I didn't know that they could do that, I need to know if
this is possible with the engine tin.  Is there any way that vw keeps
records on recalls,  would they have knowledge if my car has had that done
with the vin?  I have very patient with this guy but this is the draw, I am
going to take him to court, and sue him.  he has been jerking me around and
I have spoken to all other shops and they won't touch me, because the engine
is apart sooo the only option I have is a turn key I guess, if you guys have
any, any insight at all please help, I live in Sterling, Virginia, right
outside of dc.  It is a 1969 Fastback, stock.  I was just getting a stock
rebuild.  I really like this car and don;'t want to get rid of it, but I
need something to get around in.  Thanks for the help guys

Grant Voigt