Re: [T3] Jacks

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 01:14, Jim Adney <mailto:jadney@vwty3KŪ wrote:
>I recommend that you use a simpler jack anywhere under the front axle
>beam or under either end of the rear torsion bar housing. Those
>places are made of heavy steel and are strong.

How about places to put axle stands? Would you put them in the same places?

On the Volvo I put stands under the jack points after using the bottom of
the shock absorber and a trolley jack to lift it but it has jack points
front and rear (and is only 10 yrs old).

aedan

1971 VW fastback
1989 Volvo 240GL

Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and we will bury them with own
confusion.

We shall prevail.