Re: Oil Cooler: Type 3 Engine

EricF=> Steven, what's the difference with the type 3 cooler, beside it
     => being tapped for an oil pressure switch?

I'm not intimately <èg with all the various T1 variations, but
the basic difference is that the T1 is smaller and stands upright while
the T3 stands horizontal. As I said, T3 coolers can be adapted to T1s (I
have a hazy memory that even VW did this in later years, is that
right?), but not the other way around.

akatieh=> there NEEDS to be small washers put on the oil cooler studs

Very good, and true. We were talking about right-angle adapters, tho.

PerL=> they modified the fan hopusing on the T1, to accomodate the T4
=> cooler. Have any of you ever thought of this mod for the T3, or even
=> done it?

I've heard of it being done, but I don't think that the potential
performance difference could be worth the hassle and risk of
reengineering the airflow on the left side.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Grosse Karmann