Re: [T3] $275 Notch

PaulV=> a 67 notch foÄ|	t ... no rot but a little surface rust and
=> it doesnt run. ... If I decide I dont want to restore it will I make
=> my investment back?

If you're getting the straight dope on the car, you should jump on it.

The only way to evaluate it as a resto project is to do the homework,
learn what you should be looking for, and then examine the car
very carefully. Mechanical parts are fairly easy to come by if you're
not too deep in the Rust Belt. Body parts are considerably harder, but
still only a moderate hassle on the scale of car restorations in
general. As a driver the '67 is a very good year, with dual-circuit disc
brakes and usually dual carbs.

Assuming the guy is exaggerating its condition and it's 40% bondo and
duct tape, you should still be able to easily double your money even if
you don't get it running.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Grosse Karmann