[T3] Foot pedal cluster angle.

Type 3 volks,

It seems the PO of my '72 SQ was trying to compensate for the
shorter legs of his daughter and turned rearward the brake/
clutch/ accelerator pedal cluster, thus fowling up the braking
action and clutch freeplay. My question is that in the Haynes
manual it states that the pedals should be vertical, I'm assuming
to be standing up as to end up looking like the shape of a bracket
character ) . Is this correct and if so is it easy to do? I also
read that the distance from the brake actuator and pushrod should
be 1 MM. Will this also make the pedal cluster vertical? I removed
the carpeting and panel last and night discovered some rust that
needs to be taken care of in that area, but for the life of me can't
see how any angler adjustment is possible. Or is it that large nut
that the Bentley says is the brake stop plate adjustment?
Looking for enlightenment on this issue.

Thanks,

  http://www.srv.net/+AH4-rfluck ..........Now that you've judged me,
http://www.controlvisioninc.com ...just think what our diversity
         E-mail me back at: ................can do as a team.
.. rfluck+AEA-controlvisioninc.com  ..
Copyright AudioPhobia, Mind Window Tunz, and T'zMe Unlimited
Idaho Falls, Id (112 1 W, 43 29 N)

Does my email have weird characters?
Goto:
http://www.rootsweb.com/rootsweb/listowners/html-off.htm