Re: [T3] HELP

On 22 Jun 99, at 11:09, Nico teWinkel wrote:

> Make sure that the cold start injector is not malfunctioning. If it stays on
> after starting, that will cause a rich mix. Easy to check - unplug the
> connector to the cold start injector.

On the 72s, which his is, there is a possible miswiring that will
keep the cold start valve on all the time the engine is running. That
miswiring is in the area of the starter solenoid which is why I asked
about whether he had done any work on the starter. If his car is
miswired, just disconnecting the CSV will not correct ALL the
problems, so I did not recommend that.

Other than this miswiring problem, I have never seen a stuck cold
start valve on a type 3.

This miswiring problem is detailed in the Bentley manual. You can
tell if you have it by the fact that when you turn ON the ignition
the fuel pump comes on and just stays on. It SHOULD turn off after ~1
second if the engine is not started.

Jim