FW: [T3]

Roby,
	I recently bought a fuel pump.  After several nimrods couldn't find
one for a fastback I ended up buying one for a 70 beetle.  I made sure the
one I bought was one you could disassemble(you can buy sealed ones that are
a little different than the original).  I removed the top and rotated the
inlet/outlet about 90 degrees so it would clear the distributor and it works
great.

I think it is Bob Hoover in the Hoover sermons that says not to use the
plastic spring type pushrod tubes because they tend to leak.  Basically use
as a quick repair for temporary use.  You can buy the original type from
many of the advertisers in VW Trends or Hot VW's.

I also recommend finding a import only parts shop that stocks tons of
air-cooled VW parts (There are at least four in the Portland area I can
think of).  Depending on what price you affix to your time you usually end
up saving when it comes to knowledge and parts availability over the big
chain stores.
Thank You,

Jason Renville
Jrenville@wafertech.com