Re: [T3] brakes pulling?

On 18 Jun 99, at 7:38, AT3 RICHARDSON wrote:

> my car seems to pull to the left if i hit them considerably firm. is this a
> big problem. how do i go about fixing it? i have heard several people tell
> me to simply replace the brake lines? can anyone either confirm or deny?

Pulling to one side is usually a symptom of something wrong with the
front brakes. If you have disk brakes I would start by óT to
see if the rotors are evenly warm after the car has been driven for a
few miles with little brake use. If one is much hotter than the other
you probably have a frozen caliper which must be rebuilt or replaced.
Or this could be caused by a bad (rubber)hose. Whichever it is, the
problem is on the hot side.

If neither is warm, then you should check the pads to see if they are
worn out on one side.

Pulling to

Jim