Re: [T3] Muffleer qualms

On 17 Jun 99, at 12:18, oofacts@earthlink.net wrote:

> is in good shape, minor surface rust, and the only thing is theres a kink
> on the lip of the flange at the tailpipe outlet like a 3/16 v-shaped dent
> in.

These alwoys get dented in transit. It can be fixed with a pair of
pliers; it need not be perfect.

> The OD of the tailpipe outlet before the flange is approx. 4 cm. Hard to
> measure ID but looks like 3.5 m

The 66-71 damper pipe has an inlet diameter of 35mm, while that of
the 72-3 muffler is 43mm. Either muffler will fit your car just fine
as long as you get the right damper pipe. You appear to have the
early muffler for which you need the 2-piece damper/tailpipe. I have
lots of the tailpipes. The damper pipe you need is 311.251.157.

Jim