Re: [T3] Hood Adjustment

aedan mcghie/scotland wrote:

> How do you open the front and rear end if the cables break?

Shhh, Don't say it out loud!! Seriously, I've been there, gladly it was on a
bug. My brother replaced the cable by a electric solenoid system on the front
of the bug, and the day came when the solenoid wouldn't work any more. What we
did was trash the glove compartment, and used a broom to fickle around the
solenoid until we hit it. It took us an hour just to open it. After that he
replaced the glove compartment, put in a new solenoid and a new cable for
safety. What you need to do on the Type 3 is not so fun, just find something
that will cut through sheet metal :-( and replace the damaged part. Or put in
an electric opener, so you don't use your cable more than necessary.

PerL
Bug, Bus 'n 'Back