[T3] Replacing the speaker

This job is a snap, and you dont have to remove the dash cover to get at it.
You do have to remove the radio and the fresh air hoses underneath, but
this is easy.
Also, its easier to pull out the ashtray then unscrew and remove the
ashtray holder
from the dash. One all thats off access should be fairly self evident.
Theres a wire
bale-ing/ bracket that supports the speaker from underneath. It clips onto
the magnet
at bottom.It takes some gentle effort, but once thats off, down it comes.
The speaker
itself is an oval, but lacking an oval speaker, I found that $7, 5-watt,
5", round
cheapo speaker from radio shack will fit alright up there and work just
fine, esp if all
you have is am like me.

Funny thing, a PO for my car was too lazy to go up there so he just wired
up another
and magneted it to the bottom of the radio. The amount of trouble picking
up the
speaker off the floor every time he hit a bump is in no way worth the mere
1/2 hour it
should take to get everything working and in proper place again.

Speaking of AM, I have one of those Radio Shack FM receivers that just sits
next to
the
radio and can't figure out how to hook it up again to get FM. Theres only
one wire
coming off it, a blue one. Can't remember where it hooked up or what its
for. The
antenna wire comes off the AM and into the FM. I cant have it backward can I
because there isnt an output from the FM to go to the AM. Or is that what
this blue
wire is for.
Suggestions Anyone??? I like my old AM radio, so dont tell me to get something
new.

BUT. now that I think of it, I would like some front door interior panels
to replace
the ones a PO cut circles into for speakers.

OTOH,®ü[Xve in Brooklyn and it makes my car look like the stereo's ALREADY
been stolen. Maybe its some sort of accidental deterrent.

mike
72 sqbk
-brooklyn