RE: [T3] T3 remote oil filter installation

On 8 Jun 99, at 10:22, Latherow, Robert wrote:

> 	Rev. Jim, could you expound on this subject?  I am about to venture
> down that road myself-  and I am hesitant to trust ANYONE in this town -with
> the task of full flowing my engine-to-be.
>
> 	Where do I start? The berg kit?

I just gotta get a digital camera!

Start with the Berg catalog and info sheets. Buy the Bill Fisher
book:

How to Hotrod Volkswagen Engines
by Bill Fisher
published by H. P. Books, Tucson, AZ, 1970
ISBN 0-912656-03-4
(excellent book, well written and researched)

Get familiar with your engine and its construction. There is no
better manual than the Bentley:

Volkswagen Official Service Manual
Type 3 Fastback and Squareback 1968-1973
published by Robert BentleykÙ<Þdge, Mass, 1974
ISBN 0-8376-0057-X / LPV 997 383 / VSQU
(excellent book, complete and well written)

In my opinion the only way to install a full flow filter in a type 3
engine is in the process of a full blown engine rebuild. You cannot
do this "live" like you can on a beetle.

I have a drawing with the dimensions that are required to machine the
rear mount crossbar for clearance for the new oil pump cover. That
drawing is $1 mailed to your door, or I can machine your crossbar for
you for $30 plus shipping.

Jim