RE: [T3] Flaps and ducts

There isn't enough of a vacuum created to suck the flaps closed.  They are
angled so it's really gravity that's doing the closing  :)

You don't really have to worry about things getting sucked up in your
fenders...stuff would mostly be kicked up from the tires and, if it's very
light weight and the seals are missing from the mid-fender section, could
get pulled into the cooling system (air intake as well if you're running a
stock engine).  Remember, the air intake has a 'deflector' or 'shield' that
helps to route the air to the rear plenum.  The area below the 'shield' is
just vacant space and all the harm it can do is collect mud.

If there was a good picture of a parts list we could show you but Big Al
needs to get his up and going (no pressure, BA ;)

   Toby Erkson
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L¬òoped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/